Terms & Conditions
The Abington 10k and Fun Run is physically challenging and carries with it risks that we cannot entirely eliminate. These include the risk of personal injury.
The organisers of the Abington 10K and Fun Run are Great Abington Primary School Parent Teacher Friends Association and for the purposes of this disclaimer shall be deemed to include BMR Granta Park PropCo Limited, Granta Park JCo 1 Limited, BMR LLC, BioMed Realty, L.P. and BioMed Realty Trust, Inc and TWI Ltd.(‘’the Organiser’’).
For the purposes of this disclaimer, “the Participant” shall at all times mean the runner participating in the Abington 10k and Fun Run.
- All participants are bound by UK Athletics Rules, an up to date copy of which can be found on the UK Athletics website and the rules set out in the Race Day Rules and Information document available to download from the website.
- Participants must act responsibly and sensibly at all times;
- Fitness to take part in the race is entirely the Participant’s responsibility. We are not qualified to express an opinion that you are fit to safely participate. Participants with medical conditions that could endanger themselves or other participants must obtain a professional or specialist advice from their doctor before participating;
- Participants must not participate if they are under the influence of alcohol or non-prescription drugs;
- Participants must not attend the event if they have been unwell or suffering from covid symptoms, had a positive test or have been asked to self-isolate in the last 14 days.
- Additional rules and safety measures may be introduced as a result of any further Covid restrictions announced by the Government before the event. Please re-visit our website regularly to ensure you are aware of the latest advice.
- Participants must follow any safety warnings or instructions displayed or given to the Participants from time to time by the race officials’ or any other member of the Abington 10K and Fun Run marshals. Participants must ask an official or marshal if the Participant is unclear;
- In the absence of any negligence or other breach of duty by the Organiser or the Organiser’s employees, servants or agents’ participation in the Abington 10K and Fun Run is entirely at the Participant’s own risk.
- In the event that the Organiser is prevented, hindered or delayed in or from holding the Abington 10K and Fun Run as a result of circumstances outside of its control, including but not limited to adverse weather conditions, Covid restrictions or unexpected road closures, the right to change the route or cancel the race is at the discretion of the Race Director. In such circumstances Participants will not be eligible for any refunds.
- Participants should notify the Organiser, if they do not give consent for any photographs taken at the event to be used by the event organisers to publicise the event.