Edit Details & Transfer Entry
The event organiser has given you the ability to edit your details and transfer your entry should you no longer be able to take part. Please ensure that you do this before the closing date as you will no longer be able to use this facility after this date.
Editing Details & Transferring Entries Close: 31st May 2024 00:00:00
New for 2024, the Epic Women’s Rally is a semi-supported, women’s only, rally through the Welsh mountains on the route of our Blaenau 480 event.
Starting and finishing at Epic Cycles, with an optional 4-day schedule to get back for the finisher’s pizza party, the rally will run alongside our existing ultra races to provide an adventure for those looking for a little more support and a safety net along the trail.
The route is approximately 500Km. It follows the Bleanau 480 route, with just a couple of small ‘diversions’ in order to go directly to/past our three suggested campsites.
The route covers a wide range of Welsh uplands, with connecting lowland valleys. It’s remote in places and it’s hilly throughout, and we’ve worked hard to avoid busy roads. You’ll cross several mountain ranges and experience a wide range of surfaces, from tarmac to rough rocky stretches, with everything in between.
The Rally will start at 9:30am from Epic Cycles on Saturday 8th June 2024, and while there is no time limit, there’s a finishers pizza party on 11th June to aim for.
PLEASE NOTE: this event is only open to riders who identify as women.
Terms & Conditions
By registering for this event you agree to the following:
- Riders take full responsibility for their own health, safety and any accidents, incidents or mechanical issues of any kind that may arise during the event.
- Riders must follow the Highway Code and the Countryside Code, and obey all UK traffic and Access Laws during the event, and respect other road users.
- Riders are responsible for deciding when and where to sleep, and when and where they obtain publicly available supplies. The route takes in large stretches of remote countryside with few places to obtain food and drink.
- Riders must only access supplies, shelter and outside assistance that is publicly available. No private support or accommodation is allowed. The event checkpoints are unmanned, with no facilities. Unlike many other events, riders will be allowed to book accommodation in advance, as long as it is commercially available to all.
- Riders must not ride in a state of exhaustion and sleep deprivation that poses a risk to either themselves or others.
- Riders should be considerate of others, especially local residents and pedestrians, and should aim to ‘leave no trace’.
- Riders must wear a cycling helmet, and fit two front and two rear lights to their bicycle. A properly functioning and suitable bicycle with appropriate tyres for rough off road conditions must be used. Gravel bikes or mountain bikes are suitable. Road bikes are not.
- Riders must dress appropriately for remote mountain conditions at all times. Even in summer the weather in the Welsh uplands can be unpredictable and extreme, especially at night. Riders should carry enough equipment and clothing to cope with unexpected stops, changes in weather or mechanical issues. The following mandatory items of equipment must be carried or worn by all riders at all times: outdoor shelter, such as a bivvy bag or tent; waterproof jacket; full leg cover, such as over trousers, biblongs or thermal leg warmers; full arm cover, in addition to waterproof jacket, such as long sleeved jersey, puffer jacket or thermal arm warmers; emergency whistle.
- Riders must have their own personal 3rd party liability insurance
- Riders must understand and acknowledge that the route includes remote and rough off-road terrain, and have the fitness, self-sufficiency and equipment to handle such conditions. It is strongly recommended that riders carry at least two GPX devices, spare batteries and/or charging capability such as dynamos or power banks.
- Riders must inform the event organisers of an emergency or if they decide to withdraw during the event. In the case of an emergency riders must inform emergency services. The organisers are not responsible for providing any emergency assistance. If riders wish to withdraw during the ride they have the option of requesting a recovery vehicle from the organisers, which will transport them and their bike to the finish. Riders must understand and acknowledge that the time taken for the recovery vehicle to reach them may run into several hours due to the remoteness of the route, and that the recovery vehicle will only operate from 9am until 9pm.
- Riders agree to carry a tracking device and for their position to be published live on a tracking site.
- Riders agree to post timestamped photos on social media at the start, each checkpoint, and the finish.
- On completion of the event riders must email the organisers with a GPX file of their ride.
- Riders must be at least 18 years of age.
- The organiser reserves full right to refuse the participation of a rider, and will issue a full refund if they do so.
- I understand that there will be photography during the event, and agree to be included in photographs, which may be used for promotion and social media purposes by the Cross Cartel (the event organisers), event sponsors and Epic Cycles (the event host).
- Event Cancellation and Withdrawals: if you subsequently wish to withdraw from the event we are not able to offer any refunds; however entrants can transfer their entry to another person via email to the organisers. Entrants can also withdraw and request that their entry is carried forward to the following year. Entries can only be carried forward once. No refunds will be issued under any circumstances. If the event is cancelled for any reason, including extreme weather or pandemic restrictions, entries will be carried forward to the following year.
- Riders are fully and solely responsible for their own actions and safety at all times during the event. The event organisers (the Cross Cartel) and the event host (Epic Cycles Ltd) carry no liability.
Event Cancellation and Withdrawals: if you subsequently wish to withdraw from the event we are not able to offer any refunds; however entrants can transfer their entry to another person via email to the organisers. Entrants can also withdraw and request that their entry is carried forward to the following year. Entries can only be carried forward once. No refunds will be issued under any circumstances. If the event is cancelled for any reason, including extreme weather or pandemic restrictions, entries will be carried forward to the following year.